Great exhibition stand design can have several benefits, including:
1. Attracting attention
A well-designed stand can stand out in a crowded exhibition hall and attract potential customers to your booth.
While the show-stopper stand on the expo floor highlights the prominence of big brands, producing show-stopper stands is not the only way to attract attention to your exhibition stand. Great exhibition stand design can be applied to a stand of any size.
- Use bold, bright colours: Eye-catching colours can draw people in from a distance.
- Create a focal point: Having a central feature or focal point on your stand can help draw visitors in and make it easier for them to find you.
- Use lighting effectively: Proper lighting can highlight key features of your stand and make it more visible in a crowded exhibition hall.
- Incorporate interactive elements: Interactive elements such as touchscreen displays, virtual reality experiences, or live demonstrations can make your stand more engaging and memorable.
- Use high-quality graphics and visuals: High-quality graphics and visuals can help convey your message and make your stand more visually appealing.
- Keep it simple: Avoid cluttering the stand with too much information, instead use a clear and simple design that is easy to understand and navigate.
- Make it inviting: Make your stand welcoming by including comfortable seating and by making the stand design open and easy to approach.
- Use of branding: Make sure that your brand is prominently displayed on your stand so that visitors can easily identify your company.
It’s important to note that the exhibition stand design should be consistent with your company’s brand and the message you want to convey.
2. Communicating your message
A good design can effectively communicate your company’s message and products to visitors.
Keep your message simple and effective in the branding, use hooks and taglines to create curiosity, and invite questions from delegates at the show, then have experts at the stand to go into greater detail in conversation with interested delegates.
Planning your communication campaign / marketing strategy well in advance before the exhibition means you will have the opportunity to create a seamless design theme that can carry through in all elements of the pre show communication such as email signatures, emailers, social media posts, to stand graphics and specific marketing materials for the event itself.
3. Enhancing brand image
A professional exhibition stand design can enhance your company’s brand image and create a positive impression on potential customers.
Companies that put resources and effort into producing an exhibition stand that is professionally designed are already communicating to potential clients that they are credible and trustworthy because they put resources into presenting a professional image at an exhibition. Potential customers appreciate working with a company that puts effort into a professional exhibition stand design.
4. Improving functionality
A well-designed stand can also improve functionality by providing efficient use of space and effective displays for products.
A functional stand is one that most easily facilitates deals and customers into the sales pipeline. The type of functionality that is best depends on the marketing goals for the exhibition. For example, if a company is launching a new product, a demo area or interactive zone with an effective lead capturing system might be better that a formal meeting area. If developing new markets is the company’s goal for exhibiting then a formal meeting area is more suited than a product display. Of course if space allows then both elements are great to have, but each case varies.
5. Increasing foot traffic
A well-designed stand can increase foot-traffic to your booth and generate more leads for your business.
The amount of foot traffic on a stand is a starting point for generating leads, however you can expect more foot traffic if you are giving away free sodas, that doesn’t mean that the foot traffic is relevant to your business or interested in your product. Good exhibition stand design will invite interest from the relevant audience and maximise the opportunity to generate leads from the people visiting your booth.
6. Excellent exhibition stand design is cost-effective
A good design can be cost-effective as it can be used multiple times and be adaptable for different events.
HOTT3D characterises this ability to use elements multiple times for different events as MODULAR. Modular elements we use in our exhibition stand design is Octanorm System. Octanorm is an aluminium frame work design by German engineers. This framework is scalable to all sizes and applications and creates the structure of the exhibition stand which is the covered with a tensioned fabric graphic print.
We do also reuse various elements such as counters, towers, lighting and furniture.
If companies know a year in advance which exhibitions they are attending through or the year and what the floor space and orientation is on each show, then we can design in accordance with that to create elements that are reusable and adaptable for different events.
7. Boosting sales:
A well-designed stand can help boost sales by creating an inviting space for visitors to learn more about your products and services.
Exhibitions are the opportunity to boost sales because they shorten the sales cycle. The reason they shorten the sales cycle is because exhibitions create a focused environment where decision makers attend with the view to buy and make deals. This environment is not the normal day to day operating environment of companies where decision makers are often not immediately available. The other side of the coin is that competition at exhibitions is also stronger than the normal day to day business activities.
Good design is the differentiating factor that elevates a company to stand above the competition at an exhibition.